Friday Night Pizza
A recipe from Create Cooking Challenge 2017 winner Buki Elegbede.
3˝ to 4 cups bread flour (or 00 flour), plus more for rolling
1 teaspoon sugar
1 envelope instant dry yeast
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1˝ cups water, 110 degrees F
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons
˝ cup of tomato sauce
Sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
1. Place a pizza stone on the lowest oven rack and preheat to 550 degrees F.
2. Combine the sugar, yeast and water in a measuring cup and allow to proof (5-10 min).
3. While the mixer is running (with dough hook attached), add the water and 2 tablespoons of the oil to the 3 and ˝ cups of flour and beat until the dough forms into a ball.
4. If the dough is sticky, add additional flour until the dough comes together in a solid ball. ***If the dough is too dry, add additional water***
5. Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball.
6. Grease a large bowl with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, add the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in a warm area to let it double in size, about 1 hour.
7. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 2 equal pieces.
8. Cover each with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let them rest for 10 minutes.
9. Roll or press the dough into a 12-14-inch circle on a pizza palate.
10. Add sauce, cheese, basil and any additional toppings.
11. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the crust is gold brown and cheese and sauce bubble.
12. Let cool for 5 minutes, cut with a pizza wheel and enjoy.