Outrageous Banana Bread
A recipe from Create Cooking Challenge 2017 winner Buki Elegbede.
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
¾ cup ripe bananas
½ cup buttermilk or sour cream
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons dried banana
2 tablespoons granola
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon brown sugar Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
2. Cream the sugar and oil in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time.
4. In a small bowl or on countertop, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the buttermilk (or sour cream), nutmeg and cinnamon.
5. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
6. Add the banana mixture and dry ingredients alternating between wet and dry. Mix just until flour disappears.
7. In a small zipper lock bag, add dried banana, granola, cinnamon and sugar and crush with rolling pin or small fry pan.
8. Pour batter into prepared pan, sprinkle topping over batter and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes.
10. Remove bread from pan, invert onto rack and cool completely before serving.