Joanne WeirAwarded the first IACP Julia Child Cooking Teacher Award of Excellence, Joanne Weir shares a lifetime of experience that flavors everything she touches. Her first book, From Tapas to Meze (Crown, 1994,) was nominated for a James Beard Award and selected by Julia Child as one of her 12 personal favorites out of 1000 cookbooks published that year. A completely revised version of From Tapas to Meze (Ten Speed Press, 2004) was re-released with spectacular food photographs and won the 2004 Gourmand World Cookbook Award for Best Mediterranean Cookbook.
Joanne has published more than 17 books – including Joanne Weir’s Cooking Confidence: Dinner Made Simple (Taunton Press, 2012) — which have won some of the culinary industry’s most coveted awards. She brought her cooking experience to life in 2004 in the public television series Weir Cooking in the Wine Country, shot on location in the Napa Valley. The companion book, Weir’s More Cooking in the Wine Country (Simon & Schuster, 2001) went on to garner a James Beard Foundation Award nomination and an IACP Cookbook Award nomination.
Since then, Joanne has hosted a number of public television series. Her newest, Joanne Weir’s Plates and Places, premieres in February, 2018. She spends six months of the year touring the globe sharing her extensive background with regard to food theory and technique, in particular Mediterranean cuisine and the regional foods of the U.S. All these elements come alive in her thoughtful classes as well as her delightful words and many public television series seen on Create and local public television stations nationwide.
- Braised Beef Ragu in Two Courses
- Celebration Salad of Endive Crème Fraîche and Caviar
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Coffee Honey Brulee
- Cranberry Upside-Down Cake
- Crispy Cracker Bread
- Fettuccine With Tomatoes Basil And Crisp Bread Crumbs
- Golden Gazpacho With Garlic Croutons
- Grilled Corn And Arugula Salad With Smoky Tomato Vinaigrette
- Halibut Parcels With Capers and Lemon Thyme
- Panna Cotta With Stewed Grapes
- Roasted Cornish Hens With Toasted Bread Crumb Salsa
- Root Vegetable Chips With Roasted Carrot Hummus
- Seared Scallops With Watercress And Lemon Relish
- Spicy Fried Chickpeas
- Spring Garden Panzanella
- Sweet Pea Guacamole
- Tortilla and Tomato Soup
- Vanilla Panna Cotta With Raspberries
- Wild Mushroom And Blue Cheese Crostini