Chicken with Mushroom Cream Saucefrom Jaime Isobe
Jaime Isobe's Chicken with Mushroom Cream Sauce
Create Cooking Challenge 2016 winner Jaime Isobe puts his twist on a French classic, Chicken Breast with Mushroom Cream Sauce.
4 - 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 cup plus 1 TBSP all purpose flour
1 TBSP water
1 ½ - 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
1 TBSP butter
2 TBSP light olive oil
8 oz button mushrooms cut into ¼ in slices
¾ cup drinkable dry white wine
1 cup heavy cream or half & half
1 cube beef bouillon
1 tsp dried thyme
Juice from half a lemon
1. Begin by pounding out the chicken breast to a ¼ to a ½ inch uniform thickness. Season with salt & pepper to taste and dredge the filets in flour. Whisk together the eggs and water. Dip the chicken breasts in egg wash and coat them with seasoned bread crumbs. Set aside for 5 minutes to let the coating adhere.
2. Preheat your oven to 350F.
3. Add the butter and 1 TBSP of light olive oil to a hot, oven safe sauté pan over high heat. Once the butter has foamed, add in the chicken breasts and cook until golden brown on both sides. Place the chicken in the oven and cook until the internal temperature reaches 160F. Once cooked, remove from the oven and drain on paper towels.
4. Add 1 TBSP of light old oil to the same pan and add the mushrooms. Add a pinch of salt and sauté over high heat until the mushrooms have given up their liquid and are golden brown. Sprinkle in the flour and cook on medium heat for 1 minute. Pour in the white wine and bring to the boil. Reduce by half. Add in the heavy cream or half & half, beef bouillon, and dried thyme. Bring back to the boil and reduce until the sauce has slightly thickened. Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
5. Serve it simply over buttered noodles, on a biscuit, over cauliflower celeriac root purée, or with a side of pan-roasted Brussels sprouts.