Guava Cream Cheese Phyllo Tartletsfrom Chef Irie
Guava Cream Cheese Phyllo Tartlets
Photo credit: Nicole Hylton Photography
6 sheets phyllo dough
˝ cup melted butter
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 lb guava paste
1 lb softened cream cheese
4 Tbsp. dark Caribbean rum
3 Tbsp. orange juice
Dash of cinnamon
Julienned basil for garnish
1. Turn oven on to 375 deg.
2. Prepare phyllo dough according to manufacturer’s specs.
3. In a food processor or blender, add the guava, cream cheese, rum, orange juice and Cinnamon. Puree until smooth. Place in a bowl and store in refrigerator to chill.
4. Take one sheet of phyllo and brush butter over it. repeat this process twice more and stack three sheets together. Repeat the process for the remaining sheets.
5. Sprinkle the sugar on the top sheet then cut into 4” x 4” squares. Tuck each square into a regular muffin tin to form a pocket. place in heated oven for 8 -10 minutes or until phyllo is lightly browned. remove from oven to cool.
6. To serve, scoop portion size into phyllo crisp and garnish with basil.